Wednesday 7 March 2012

Final Push ( update )

I now have the new gas hoses, and the sails are back from cleaning - we might even get to have a sail this weekend ! The davits have been shipped, and should arrive tomorrow, so everything is starting to come together. I expected to have to go up the mast to sort out the masthead tricolour light, but having taken another look at the wiring from the mast it seems as if some rather odd colour conventions have been used - black is usually negative in a DC system, but in this case blue has been used ! The upshot of this is that I now have a working tricolour lamp, and an additional bonus of an all round white anchor light that I didn't know I had - all without climbing the mast - excellent !
NJ & Best friend Mettlesome in Hartlepool Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment